Monday, October 5, 2009

I think I can post this now...


This year I came in 3rd in the B&W illustration section of Fight On's Erol Otus Challenge and won some cool minis. This was my entry, which I owe thanks not only to S. John Ross' Encounter Critical for not minding me dropping Thrazar's name, but also to one of my readers here.

I forget who, but someone commented that my stuff reminded them of comic panels, and asked if I did that kind of work. (I usually don't) This got me thinking of some of the cheap b&w sci-fi comics I used to read when I was a kid. In particular, this issue of this magazine.



I remember some fairly tacky stories in here, but very gritty and well drawn. And it did cast me back to do something about Thrazar, whom I believe could have appeared in this magazine without problem. Hence, our post today. Thanks, readers!

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen the guy who draws Subnormality? Just google up subnormality comic. I don't want to post a link because I'm afraid your spam filter would grab it. Artist is Winston Rowntree. He does the same kind of thing. Especially check out the Esthar series in "Other Comics."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link: I'd not seen those before. I see what you're seeing there. Interesting stuff!

    ReplyDelete